Friday, July 2, 2010

It's the small things...



So today is a VERY exciting day...







What are you thinking? Vacation? Promotion? Going to see my favorite band play?







Nope, you are all wrong. We are getting our very first couch delivered!!! This is a huge milestone for us... For the past 18 months we have been sitting on THE most uncomfortable futon sofa, apologising profusely to guests that they have to sit on it too and being mortified when they choose a dining chair over the luxury of the futon ;p So I've been keeping my eyes open on craigslist for a nice but cheap replacement. This is easier said than done. Have you seen the sofas on there???? I think this photo about sums it up! And people are trying to sell these things for over $100... I need say no more!







Hideous sofa







So, I found one on Craigslist that seemed nice, we called the guy and then went over to see it. He opened the garage door and...


Oooooh, there's another sofa in there that is much nicer than the one we went to view and comes with an armchair too :) So we parted with $75, the rest to pay when Luke collects it today. When I get home, I will be the proud owner of a nice green and most importantly COMFY sofa! No more backache, no more sitting in our recliner the other side of the room from my husband, no more apologies to our guests... Hoorah!






1 comment:

  1. Yeah, how exciting!! So fun to find your blog too. I look forward to keeping up on your life :o)

    ReplyDelete