Friday, September 10, 2010

Chop

Each time I make an appointment to get my hair cut, I go through the same questions with myself:

1) Should I do something a little different?
2) Should I really do something a little different?
3) Are you sure you want to do something a little different?

And then of course, I stick to exactly the same haircut I've had for the past 12 years!

This time I asked the questions, still had a MAYBE in my head when I went to the salon, and after she had cut the length off I asked myself all those questions all over again! And actually I asked the stylist the questions too. I think I spent a good few minutes staring into that mirror thinking if I do this, it's final, and trying to pin back my long layers to see what bangs (or a fringe if you're English) would look like! Anyone else ever done that? No? Hmmm, guess that's just me then! At this point I would usual back out. But no. Not this time. I said CHOP! So off came my nice long front layers to make bangs. Arrrrrrgh. Do you know how long it takes for my hair to grow?? Seriously?? Like forever! Last time I grew bangs out, I was 8. I cut my hair to chin length (well the stylist did, not me!) and had clips holding back my long bangs for what seemed like an eternity. Combine this with gappy teeth and you get the picture... not good! And now I think of it, the next time I had bangs (at 14), albeit thin whispy ones, I had terrible teeth too with braces. I am seeing a trend.

Well, now I have bangs and really they're not that bad! And my teeth aren't that terrible either. So maybe I can get away with it! I have to. Watch this space though... I'm pretty sure they'll be gone by next summer. The bangs that is, not the teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment